Things I did while you were at Art Basel Miami…
- Drank Gato Negro purchased from the gas station.
- Gave my cats a manicure.
- Ate salad for dinner and wanted to shoot myself.
- It was crazy-warm, so I made Lime Rickey drinks with Rum and listened to The The “Soul Mining”. Because Rum.
- Got accepted into another juried show.
- Finished 2 commissions.
(Winter Women, 24×30″ oil on linen)
- Injured my leg (again) from just getting up from a desk. I dulled the pain with a shot of Jameson at Moriarty’s Bar while laughing at the desolation that is downtown Cleveland.
- Got my hair done. Because if you think a leg mishap is stopping me from getting my hair done you are wrong!
- Blasted Hawkwind while making cookies.
- Went to Target and wanted to remove myself from civilization.
- Did I mention it is winter in Cleveland?
- Went to the Cleveland Museum of Art happy hour and paid $5 for domestic beer because it is “craft beer” after all. Got a bottle of wine from a cafeteria-style restaurant. Because I’m classy! Saw a wonderful exhibit of miniatures, and Dr. Sketchy’s do their thing.
- Went to a book signing with a cat.
- Dared to contradict the crazy person at the bookstore — who kept circling around yet would never purchase a book — about C.S. Lewis and his friendship with Tolkein. This person also pontificated for 10 minutes about how Milwaukee is the Venice of the United States.
- Went to a diner and was cold.
- Went to a cookie party and drank bourbon and then Xmas Ale. Also assisted in the making of an enchanted wiener meat forest (my 2nd time!).
- Discussed further details about the June cat wedding that is being planned.
- Realized today is the anniversary of me being in Cleveland for a decade.