- Spencer Tunic saw my paintings in person and likes them. How awesome is that?
- I’ll be in NYC for the first time in 12 years for this show with Tara McPherson, Mark Ryden, Joshua Petker, Natalia Fabia, Molly Crabapple, Nathan Spoor and others for the opening of Tara’s new gallery and boutique in Brooklyn!
- I’ll also be going to Asbury Park for a bit and finally see those awesome gals at Parlor Gallery.
- Every time I see a breast cancer awareness poster I want to scream! The Susan G. Komen Foundation has been getting a lot of heat lately for their antics and frankly I’m sick of all the pink crap. How about awareness for Liposarcoma, huh? I got 1% of all cancers and I didn’t go to the doctor fast enough because I actually thought there was no such thing as cancer in your legs. So there you go! I vote Liposarcoma use the color teal. What other cancers should we assign colors to? I think Lance Armstrong made that horrible yellow hue the color for ball cancer — not sure. In any event, all cancer is bad, so I wish marketing teams would stop pushing like breast cancer is more deserving of awareness and research money.
- I’ve donated a framed drawing of one of my mildly punk rococo ladies for ArtCares event on April 16th. It’ll be at the Power House in Battery Park in Cleveland, and Lounge Kitty is performing!
- I’ll be in Dublin and Belfast in late May. Any art galleries I should check out besides Kerlin Gallery? Yeah yeah, I know there are museums, but what else? The websites for art galleries I’ve been looking at are terrible. It is my 10 year wedding anniversary, and originally I always wanted to get married at Giant’s Causeway. So now finally, my husband is taking me there. Although now I just realized I may have a hard time walking over this stuff (the fact I fell getting out of my car was enough), husband might need to carry me…